Welcome to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. That’s the official subtitle for Animal Crossing 3DS in North America. It’s coming in Early 2013 and you can check out the new official English trailer for it below:
Latest Posts: Nintendo Direct
Check out this new Japanese Animal Crossing 3DS footage from the October 25th Nintendo Direct for Japan!
Don’t forget about the American Nintendo Direct starting later today at 7AM PT/10 AM ET.
We’ve got two Nintendo Directs coming in. First is a Japanese one at 4AM PST, then we have an American one at 7AM PST.
The American one is broadcasting at 7AM PST. The broadcast will include more information on upcoming Nintendo 3DS titles. Most likely we’ll get more details for Paper Mario and Professor Layton releasing this holiday but there’s also a chance for Animal Crossing localization news. For other time zones, it’s at 10AM EST and 3PM BST.
The Japanese one is broadcasting at 4AM PST. I’m not sure what to expect from this one. Probably Paper Mario and Animal Crossing? Maybe a new game announcement or two for next year in Japan. For other time zones, it’s at 7AM EST and Noon BST.
- Flowers will sparkle depending off if they’ve been watered.
- Can design roads – they added the character for ‘road’. There’s a camping ground, sometimes there’ll be campers – villagers who don’t live in your village.
- Help out your in-game friends with purchasing decisions
- When you sit in the mayor’s seat, Shizue will come up and talk to you.
- Once you’ve decided what to build, go with Shizue to decide where. Then they’ll show you what it will look like. Donations from villagers begin.
- Don’t have to go back to mayor’s office once building is placed.
- Donations can be made by you, visitors, and villagers.
- New item: megaphone. Can say a villagers names to get their attention by speaking their name into the 3DS microphone.
- The Tanooki brothers will take turns each day to service the shop.
- Halloween goods sold because it’s October.
- Shoe store offers up boots/shoes for sale.
- 2nd floor is the museum shop. The four doors lead to special exhibitions. You can set the special exhibitions yourself. Hawaiian Expo, Sushi expo.
- Tanooki Housing Real Estate. Buy parts for your houses outside.
- Can decide if you want to increase room numbers and where (1st flow left, right, 2nd floor etc)
- Dr. Shrunk started a comedy club, Club 444. Can watch his comedy shows. He has spoken dialogue during this. Can decide your reaction.
- Take photos of your expression with good timing for best result in the photo booth. Many reactions/emotions to collect.
- Design/Sell your own items, which can eventually change during the process
- Much larger selection of colors this time around when designing
- Can turn designs into QR codes.
- Model Homes now. People met through Streetpass. These are the people she’s street passed with. Sometimes they will give you things, like ice-creams, balloons, and pin wheels.
- Up to 48 houses in three block, 16 homes per block.
- Can see with the map where the houses are using people’s names.
- Take picture via photobooth, bottom screen displays the picture you’ll take.
- Visit a massage parlor that helps to relax you and put you into a dream stage
- Allows you to see how other people have set up their towns. When you have an internet connection, if someone you’ve street passed with has a Village number, (can search by name too) you can go into a new shop and visit their village. You can do stuff like cut trees and get fruit, but it doesn’t affect their village.
- You can alter the look of City Hall, too.
- Early morning music is calm, dawn the music is more upbeat, afternoon is more pleasant-sounding music, night time the music has more base, late night music gets mysterious
- K. K. Slider, Saturday night live performances at the new Shisho’s Club 444. Now for a new song. Dr. Shrunk is dancing to the beat!
- DJ K.K. (K.K. Slider under a different name) performs on nights other than Saturday at the comedy club. ‘House Nights’ Includes NES Nights. ‘Famicon Nights’.
- Can listen to the music on audio players in your house, and there are many new KK songs.
- Explore a town alongside other people
- Travel via boat to an island and enjoy a song at the same time
- First time you’re at the island, you receive swimming gear. While wearing it, you can dive/swim.
- Grab items from the bottom of the sea
- Collect rare bugs as well
- Can trade medals got in mini games on the island to trade for the goods in the souvenir shop.
- Games are focused on Co-op.
- Tortimer appears as the Tour Guide, explains the games
- Each person has to search for their own type of fruits; mangoes, persimmons, etc.
- The faster you are the more medals you get.
- Can pick up fruits and drop them for other players in easier locations.
- There is a ‘Hammer’ game, where you hit the tiny electric car.
- Local and Online play for 2-4 players
- 1 save file
- Utilizes StreetPass and SpotPass
Enjoy! Share your thoughts in the comments below.
UPDATE: It’s over! Video replay coming soon. Hang tight.
We’ve known this was coming for a little while now but now the date is official! An Animal Crossing 3DS focused Nintendo Direct for Japan is coming October 5th at 8PM JST. Of course, this will all be in Japanese so keep that mind. Somehow I doubt anyone will really care though!
Wondering when this will be in your time zone? 4AM Pacific/7AM Eastern! Or use this handy link right here if you’re outside of those.