A few days ago Nintendo released brand new screenshots for Animal Crossing 3DS. Since then the screenshots have been on my mind the entire time. I’ve enlarged them and analysed them for new information to gather. I’ll go through each screenshot and point out what I see that’s new to the game. Let’s start with the first screenshot below…
Latest Animal Crossing News
Finally at last we have some new screenshots of Animal Crossing 3DS! Nintendo released four screenshots via it’s Nintendo Direct presentation. Iwata said that the game is well on the way into development and we should expect a release in Fall 2012 (Japan). The Japanese title for the game is “Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori” which translates to “Animal Crossing: Jump Out” in English however that translation is unofficial and the official English title may be different. You can find the screenshots after the jump.
Don’t forget to check out our new analysis of these new screenshots by clicking here! We’ll be covering all the Animal Crossing 3DS news up until it’s release so stay tuned to the blog. : )
That’s right folks! Nintendo will be holding a new Nintendo Direct conference this Saturday at Noon in Japan. For those keeping track at home that’s about 11PM on the East Coast of the US and about 8PM on the West Coast. To check the time in your area click this link. Keep in mind this will be a conference hosted by Nintendo Japan so it won’t be in English!
Never the less there’s still hope for Animal Crossing 3DS news along with Luigi’s Mansion 2 and other things. Hopefully this will be the event where we finally get new information on Animal Crossing 3DS. If not this event, definitely at E3 2012. Have hope Animal Crossing fans!
The countdown to E3 2012 begins now! This year Nintendo will be hosting their press conference on June 5th at 9am in Los Angeles. Nintendo is expected to spill all the juicy details on Animal Crossing 3DS at this year’s E3 press conference. We can expect to hear about the game’s official title, new features, release date, online capabilities and more! Hopefully you’re as excited as I am. : )
Be sure to stay tuned to the blog and follow the Twitter account @AC3DSBlog where I’ll be posting EVERYTHING new there is to know about Animal Crossing 3DS! You could also follow our Google+ page if you want. GET HYPED!
Amazon France has updated their product page for Animal Crossing 3DS with a release date of September 28th 2012. I usually don’t report on release dates given by retailers like GameStop but I rarely have seen Amazon put up release dates that were unannounced so I think there’s a chance that this might be true. As usual, it isn’t an official date from Nintendo so don’t count on this date for sure. Sidenote: 55 days until E3 2012 where we’re sure to get new information on AC 3DS!
If you’re like me and the rest of the Animal Crossing fanbase you’ve been waiting a long time for the next Animal Crossing and finally we have a semi-official release window for Animal Crossing 3DS! Straight from the January edition of OMN (Official Nintendo Magazine) in the UK there’s an article detailing most of the new information from September which isn’t that new. However also in this preview is a ETA of Summer 2012! It’s kind of a big deal seeing as most of us have been expecting a holiday release this year. Anyway, if you want to see the entire preview the scans are below. Get hyped and pre-order Animal Crossing 3DS on Amazon!
Here’s the Animal Crossing 3DS Developer Roundtable from last September complete with English subtitles for your enjoyment. In this video you’ll see the developer team at Nintendo EAD answer questions about the game resulting in the most information on Animal Crossing 3DS to date. Get ready for 10 minutes of exciting new information! Here’s a summary below written by myself of the new information:
- You are the mayor but you don’t have to play that aspect of the game much. You can sort of ignore it if you want.
- Expanded clothing options (ex: shirts and pants because the characters are taller)
- Boys can wear skirts
- You can customize your town more freely (ex: customizable outside furniture like benches and streetlights)
- The beach is greatly expanded
- The railroad is back from the Gamecube game
- There’s a shopping mall (so… they’ve basically incorporated ideas from the city into the main town)
- The villagers height has been modified too. You can really tell the difference between a tall and short villager.
- You now have a secretary “Shizu” who’s sort of your assistant since you’re the mayor now
- You can take your furniture to shops to be modified
- Stuff like changing patterns (ex: sofa cushions with a heart on them)
- Before you could change the roof colour but those options have been expanded to walls, fences and even mail posts
- Exchange your home design using Streetpass to be displayed as a model home to others
- You can view houses of strangers now through Tom Nook
- He’s now a real estate agent instead of a shopkeeper!
- Lots of new music
- The entire village overall is larger
- The sound director plays a new song from the game for us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HIlN9bnj0&t=9m2s)
- The game’s release is still a while away