The Animal Crossing Direct just happened and it started off with a pretty big bombshell — the update is already available right now on the Nintendo eShop in all major regions!
Just head to the Nintendo eShop to update your copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf for free, there’s no need to purchase the retail package or wait until it’s released. For full instructions on how to update your game, head to Nintendo of America’s support site.
Here are the full patch notes of the update, Version 1.4, from Nintendo of America below:
- This is a free update that includes all of the new features and amiibo functionality from the packaged version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo. Once the update is applied, the game will start as “Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo.” The logo in the title screen will change too.
- You can finally invite villagers to your town using amiibo accessories. However, special NPC, Animal Crossing amiibo figure characters, will not move into your town. They will only appear in the campground and offer to sell unique items in their RVs.
- Contains a brand-new Campground area in the town where you can interact with villagers in new ways.
- All existing Animal Crossing amiibo figures and cards are now compatible with the game.
- 50 new Animal Crossing Welcome amiibo series amiibo cards will be available for purchase beginning 12/2/16.
- Tap a Welcome amiibo card to invite the pictured character for a visit at your new Campground. Existing 400 Animal Crossing amiibo cards will work with the game, however, the characters will only appear in the town, not in the campground. All of the villagers can be invited to move into the town.
- Tap select non-Animal-Crossing amiibo figures to access new items unique to those characters at Campground.
- All 16 Animal Crossing amiibo figures will feature Wii U console and New Nintendo 3DS XL or New Nintendo 3DS items in their RVs. By purchasing these items in the RVs, the player will have access to the new minigames, Desert Island Escape and Animal Crossing Puzzle League.
- Link your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer save data to have access to 20 additional giant furniture items through the in-game catalog system.
- When the player’s town is well developed, if the player tries to start over the game with a new town, Tom Nook may appear in the menu screen and offer to purchase the town. If you agree to sell, you will receive a good amount of Bells when starting a new town. This will help develop your town quickly.
- Check www.animal-crossing.com/newleaf for additional details about the game’s features.