Full Version 1.2.0 Animal Crossing: New Horizons Patch Notes: Leif, Jolly Redd, Art Gallery, Bushes, Nature Day
The highly anticipated April Update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons has just been released marking the first major update to the game since launch day!
This massive new update upgrades Animal Crossing: New Horizons to Version 1.2.0 bringing major additions to the game including Leif’s Flower Shop, Jolly Redd’s Treasure Tracker, the Museum’s Art Gallery expansion, bushes, and plenty of events.
Unfortunately, the patch notes don’t offer up much other interesting information, besides mentioning that other adjustments and bug fixes have been made. We’re hoping this will include the infamous villager “I’ve moved out!” glitch that has been spreading lately, but this remains unconfirmed.
Regardless, we know that many of you will be searching to find the full patch notes anyway, so we’ve included them here.
Official English Animal Crossing: New Horizons v1.2.0 Patch Notes
The full official English patch notes from Nintendo of America for the Version 1.2.0 update can be found below:
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released April 22, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.2.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- The following visiting merchants can now visit the island.
- Leif (gardening shop)
- Redd (Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler)
- Added seasonal events.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.
This article previously featured translated Japanese patch notes, but has now been updated with the proper official English notes from Nintendo of America,
Observed Changes In Version 1.2.0 Missing From Patch Notes
We’ve observed a few extra small changes available in the April Version 1.2 Update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons that were not included in Nintendo’s official patch notes above. Check them all out below:
- You will receive a letter in your mailbox from Nintendo celebrating the new update. Inside the letter, you can find a World Map item present.
- The Bank of Nook ABD saving account interest has been reduced from the previous pre-patch rate.
- A new Bell Bag Rug item is available via either your mailbox’s letter from the Bank of Nook or purchase in the Nook Stop terminal for Nook Miles.
- Two new Aloha Nook Inc. shirts have been added for purchase in the Nook Stop teriminal for Nook Miles. These shirts resemble Isabelle, Timmy, and Tommy’s clothing.
- The “I’ve Moved Out” villager glitch has been fixed. On your next new in-game day, the glitched villager’s house will be removed from your island. Unfortunately, the villager you were going to have is not restored.
- You can now play multiple different K.K. Slider tracks outdoors using different speaker items. Previously, all outside speaker furniture shared the same music.
Let us know in the comments below if you spot any more interesting small changes that have been previously un-noted.
Please note that you will need to be updated to Version 1.2.0 to play online multiplayer with other players and access other network features. Local multiplayer can only be played with others on the same version of the game as you.
Your copy of the game should update automatically for you, but if for some reason it doesn’t, you can manually trigger the update by pressing the + button on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons home screen icon, selecting Software Update, and hitting Via the Internet.
After you’ve had a chance to play around with the April Update, be sure to let us know in the comments below what you think and if you’ve noticed any other changes not covered by Nintendo in the official patch notes!