Check out this translated version of the Japanese Overview video released a few days ago. Many thanks to Saratoga for translating this!
Latest Posts: Trailers
Check out this brand new Japanese overview video for Animal Crossing 3DS. There’s plenty of new footage to be seen here. Leave your thoughts in the comments below!
Watch Iwata walk us through all the greatness of Animal Crossing 3DS in this 3 minute video from the August 29th Nintendo Direct! Unfortunately, it’s in Japanese. If you can translate this for the blog please contact me!
Oh yeah… we have an official release date for Japan now! November 8th. Save the date everyone!
It’s actually a rather long video! 3 minutes long! 2012 release date! Iwata is talking over it but it’s in Japanese. Video will be uploaded here in a few minutes! Hold tight.
Well, this is rather disappointing. There wasn’t any Animal Crossing 3DS news today at Nintendo’s E3 Presentation. However, they did show off an Animal Crossing minigame for the Wii U as part of “Nintendo Land”.
Animal Crossing: Sweet Day is an Animal Crossing themed minigame included in the new Nintendo Land game for the Wii U. Stay tuned for more details soon.
However, there is still hope for Animal Crossing 3DS as Nintendo is still holding a 3DS presentation tomorrow at 6PM PDT. More details on that later.
Here’s the Animal Crossing 3DS Developer Roundtable from last September complete with English subtitles for your enjoyment. In this video you’ll see the developer team at Nintendo EAD answer questions about the game resulting in the most information on Animal Crossing 3DS to date. Get ready for 10 minutes of exciting new information! Here’s a summary below written by myself of the new information:
- You are the mayor but you don’t have to play that aspect of the game much. You can sort of ignore it if you want.
- Expanded clothing options (ex: shirts and pants because the characters are taller)
- Boys can wear skirts
- You can customize your town more freely (ex: customizable outside furniture like benches and streetlights)
- The beach is greatly expanded
- The railroad is back from the Gamecube game
- There’s a shopping mall (so… they’ve basically incorporated ideas from the city into the main town)
- The villagers height has been modified too. You can really tell the difference between a tall and short villager.
- You now have a secretary “Shizu” who’s sort of your assistant since you’re the mayor now
- You can take your furniture to shops to be modified
- Stuff like changing patterns (ex: sofa cushions with a heart on them)
- Before you could change the roof colour but those options have been expanded to walls, fences and even mail posts
- Exchange your home design using Streetpass to be displayed as a model home to others
- You can view houses of strangers now through Tom Nook
- He’s now a real estate agent instead of a shopkeeper!
- Lots of new music
- The entire village overall is larger
- The sound director plays a new song from the game for us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HIlN9bnj0&t=9m2s)
- The game’s release is still a while away
Another Nintendo conference, another Animal Crossing 3DS trailer! This time it comes from the Japanese September 3DS Conference. New reveals from this trailer includes multiplayer swimming, tree stumps you can sit on, couches with different patterns, Tom Nook as a real estate agent and more!