The newest major Fall Halloween update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons has just been released for download today bring fresh new experiences to the game!
This major new update upgrades Animal Crossing: New Horizons to Version 1.5.0 bringing several major additions to the game including the ability to grow pumpkins, new Halloween costumes at Able Sisters, new skin tone and eye colors, new Pumpkin DIY Crafting Recipes, and an exciting Halloween Event on October 31st.
In addition to the major features advertised previously, today’s official patch notes reveal that a handy new qualify of life feature has been added in the Nook Shopping catalog! Now you can easily hide or unhide items that cannot be ordered from the catalog with a button toggle.
Besides that, the typical mention of adjustments and bug fixes is included, although we’re not quite sure yet exactly what has been fixed or changed yet.
Full Animal Crossing: New Horizons v1.5.0 Patch Notes (English)
The complete official English patch notes from Nintendo of America for the Version 1.5.0 Fall Halloween Update of Animal Crossing: New Horizons can be found below:
Ver. 1.5.0 (Released September 29, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.5.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- A new seasonal event, Halloween, has been added.
- Pumpkins (produce item) and DIY projects that use pumpkins have been added.
- Added new features for visiting dream islands with Luna: the ability to choose your destination from a list of previously visited dream islands and the ability to favorite previously visited dream islands.
- It is now possible to hide items that are not for sale by pressing the Y Button when viewing the catalog via Nook Shopping.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
This article previously used a Japanese translation and has now been updated with the official English patch notes from Nintendo of America.
You will need to be updated to Version 1.5.0 to play online multiplayer with other players and access other network features. Local multiplayer can only be played with others on the same version of the game as you.
Observed Changes In Version 1.5.0 Missing From Patch Notes
Most major updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, including the ones released back in April and July, have contained a selection of smaller changes that weren’t officially announced in the update trailer or included in the patch notes.
These undocumented changes in the past have included new it-ems in the Nook Stop Terminal, quality of life improvements to Saharah, new Custom Design Portal features, and even the return of the Camera Interface glitch!
We’re anticipating that the same might be the case in the Fall Halloween Update and will be documenting any secret or unmentioned changes and additions. Here’s what we’ve uncovered so far prior to the update based on small details released in the press releases and the Japanese announcement:
- A new letter can be found in your mailbox from Nintendo celebrating the latest update! Inside the letter, you’ll find a new Ring-Con furniture item to use in your house from Nintendo’s Ring Fit Adventure game.
- Two small new features have been added to the Dream Suite feature with Luna! You can now easily view your previously visited dream islands, and even choose to mark the best islands as favorites.
Please let us know in the comments below if you spot any more interesting small changes or additions that haven’t been mentioned already, so we can update this article as the best resource!
How To Download Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall Halloween Update Version 1.5.0
Your copy of the game should update automatically for you, but if for some reason it doesn’t, you can manually trigger the update by pressing the + button on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons home screen icon, selecting Software Update, and hitting Via the Internet.
After you’ve had a chance to play around with the Fall Halloween Update, be sure to let us know in the comments below what you think and if you’ve noticed any other changes not covered by Nintendo in the official patch notes!
Stay tuned to Animal Crossing World for everything on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, including our extensive Guides section here. In particular, don’t miss out on our popular Pumking Farming, Spooky Set Items, Acorns & Pine Cones, Redd Art, and Sea Creatures guides.