Amazon France has updated their product page for Animal Crossing 3DS with a release date of September 28th 2012. I usually don’t report on release dates given by retailers like GameStop but I rarely have seen Amazon put up release dates that were unannounced so I think there’s a chance that this might be true. As usual, it isn’t an official date from Nintendo so don’t count on this date for sure. Sidenote: 55 days until E3 2012 where we’re sure to get new information on AC 3DS!
Latest Posts: News
If you’re like me and the rest of the Animal Crossing fanbase you’ve been waiting a long time for the next Animal Crossing and finally we have a semi-official release window for Animal Crossing 3DS! Straight from the January edition of OMN (Official Nintendo Magazine) in the UK there’s an article detailing most of the new information from September which isn’t that new. However also in this preview is a ETA of Summer 2012! It’s kind of a big deal seeing as most of us have been expecting a holiday release this year. Anyway, if you want to see the entire preview the scans are below. Get hyped and pre-order Animal Crossing 3DS on Amazon!
Here’s the Animal Crossing 3DS Developer Roundtable from last September complete with English subtitles for your enjoyment. In this video you’ll see the developer team at Nintendo EAD answer questions about the game resulting in the most information on Animal Crossing 3DS to date. Get ready for 10 minutes of exciting new information! Here’s a summary below written by myself of the new information:
- You are the mayor but you don’t have to play that aspect of the game much. You can sort of ignore it if you want.
- Expanded clothing options (ex: shirts and pants because the characters are taller)
- Boys can wear skirts
- You can customize your town more freely (ex: customizable outside furniture like benches and streetlights)
- The beach is greatly expanded
- The railroad is back from the Gamecube game
- There’s a shopping mall (so… they’ve basically incorporated ideas from the city into the main town)
- The villagers height has been modified too. You can really tell the difference between a tall and short villager.
- You now have a secretary “Shizu” who’s sort of your assistant since you’re the mayor now
- You can take your furniture to shops to be modified
- Stuff like changing patterns (ex: sofa cushions with a heart on them)
- Before you could change the roof colour but those options have been expanded to walls, fences and even mail posts
- Exchange your home design using Streetpass to be displayed as a model home to others
- You can view houses of strangers now through Tom Nook
- He’s now a real estate agent instead of a shopkeeper!
- Lots of new music
- The entire village overall is larger
- The sound director plays a new song from the game for us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HIlN9bnj0&t=9m2s)
- The game’s release is still a while away
More media again from the September 2011 Conference! This time we have some screenshots. I have to say at this point the game is shaping up to look amazing and there’s seriously a big improvement over these screenshots and the ones from past times. Check them out below.
Another Nintendo conference, another Animal Crossing 3DS trailer! This time it comes from the Japanese September 3DS Conference. New reveals from this trailer includes multiplayer swimming, tree stumps you can sit on, couches with different patterns, Tom Nook as a real estate agent and more!
Here’s a fresh pack of screenshots for Animal Crossing 3DS from Nintendo! Most of these come from the 2011 trailer however there’s still a few new shots here to browse through. Enjoy.
Finally a proper trailer for Animal Crossing 3DS! This one comes straight from Nintendo’s 2011 E3 Press Conference. In this video you’ll find many new features like bushes, outside furniture, the return of tents, a larger beach, furniture like clocks on walls, and the ability to swim! See if you can spot them all.