The latest Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) update for July has just been released with the Summer 2021 Update tonight and we have complete patch notes!
With today’s latest update, the game version number has been upgraded to Version 1.11.0 with the elusive Version 2.0 still nowhere in sight. The Summer 2021 update primarily brings the return of August Fireworks Show events throughout the next month taking place on every Sunday.
This year’s 2021 version of the Fireworks Show event in August will feature some fresh new item prizes at Redd’s Raffle including Cotton Candy and Bubble Tea, but it remains to be seen the full set yet.
Additionally, an updated selection of new seasonal Nook Shopping items have been added in the update as well set to be available over the next month and a half!
Those new Nook Shopping seasonal items include the Cucumber Horse, Eggplant Cow, and more.
Nintendo’s typical mention of bug fixes and adjustments to improve the gameplay experience are mentioned in the patch notes as well, though it remains unclear exactly what else was fixed this time around.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Version 1.11 Summer Update Patch Notes (English)
The official patch notes for the Version 1.11 Summer 2021 Update of Animal Crossing: New Horizons from Nintendo of America can be found below.
Ver. 1.11.0 (Released July 28, 2021)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.11.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- Seasonal events have been updated.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
You will need to be updated to Version 1.11.0 to play online multiplayer with other players and access other network features. Local multiplayer can only be played with others on the same version of the game as you.
Observed Changes In Version 1.11 Missing From Patch Notes
In our experience, many past new updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons have tended to contain some smaller changes that weren’t included in the official patch notes.
These undocumented changes in the past have included new items in the Nook Stop Terminal, quality of life improvements, and other small adjustments. If anything of the sort is included in the Summer 2021 Update, we’ll mention it in this section when we know.
Here’s what’s been uncovered so far:
- Oddly, brand new Halloween themed items in the Spooky Set have been introduced in this update, despite no mention from Nintendo! Learn more about the new Halloween 2021 items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons with our article here.
- Unlike most other non-bug fix updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, it appears that there is no free update gift item to be found in player mailboxes with this update. That follows a similar absence in the July Update.
- It appears to be possible to time travel in advance to the Fireworks Show events with any real-time date lock by Nintendo, unlike some past events like Turkey Day or Festivale.
Please share in the comments below if you spot any interesting small changes or additions that haven’t been mentioned already, so we can update this article as the best resource!
How To Download Summer 2021 Update For Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Version 1.11)
Your copy of the game should update automatically now that the download has been released, but if for some reason it doesn’t, you can manually trigger the update by pressing the + button on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons home screen icon, selecting Software Update, and hitting Via the Internet.
After you’ve had a chance to play around with the Summer 2021 Update, be sure to let us know in the comments below what you think and if you’ve noticed any other changes not covered by Nintendo in the official patch notes!
Stay tuned to Animal Crossing World for everything on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, including our extensive Guides section here. Our most popular pages include New In July 2021, New July Creatures, Version 1.11 Update, Animal Crossing Monopoly, Bug-Off Event, Sanrio Villagers & Items, Sanrio Amiibo Cards, Redd Art, and Sea Creatures.