The Winter Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7 event has begun in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for iOS and Android! The event runs from January 11th to 21st, 2019. Learn how to find Snow-Park Gyroidites for crafting special winter clothing and ice furniture in our complete guide!
How to Find and Collect Snow-Park Gyroidites[the_ad id=”8789″]
In this event, you’ll be hunting down and collecting special Snow-Park Gyroidites to craft event items. They’re a special item that appear in-game almost anywhere across the map during the event. The only locations you won’t find them at is your campsite, garden, and cabin — so that means you can even find them at the Marketplace or OK Motors!
Sometimes you’ll see them in plain sight on the ground, while other times they are cleverly hidden behind obstructions or inside trees. Regardless of where it is, just tap the Snow-Park Gyroidite when you see one somewhere to have your character pick it up and add it to your collection!
As for timing and when they spawn, there’s two important things you need to know about hunting down Snow-Park Gyroidites:
- Snow-Park Gyroidites appear at a rate of about one per every four minutes in a random location where they can spawn, which is basically anywhere besides your campsite, garden, and cabin.
- A hard limit of around 18 Gyroidites present on the map at once is in place. This means that after all 18 have spawned, no more additional gyroidites will appear and they need to be collected for spawning to continue.
For the most optimal collecting Gyroidite strategy, check on your game about once every hour and 15 minutes to ensure you don’t exceed the maximum limit of gyroidites on the map at once. Due to the limit, you shouldn’t intentionally wait for more than that time in hopes of ‘saving up’ because no more will spawn once the limit is reached.
Note that some of these details are different than past events as changes to spawning were made in Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7.[the_ad id=”8789″]
Getting Snow-Park Gyroidites via Shovelstrike Quarry, Villagers, Purchases
Finding Snow-Park Gyroidites on the ground and in trees isn’t the only way to get them though! You can also grab them through three other ways:
- At select random times throughout the day, the Shovelstrike Quarry offers Snow-Park Gyroidites as a reward! You’ll know when you see the gyroidite icon on the map. Enter for free by seeking help from five friends, or pay 20 Leaf Tickets to enter instantly.
- Periodically, the villagers at your campsite can be spoken with to receive friendship points, bells, or materials as a gift. During a Gyrodite Scavenger Hunt event, campers will sometimes give Snow-Park Gyroidites too alongside other gifts. Don’t forget to check on them often!
- If you’re willing to open up your wallet, gyroidites can be purchased as part of a limited-time Leaf Ticket bundle. The Gyroidite-Jammed Pack offers 100 Leaf Tickets and 20 Snow-Park Gyroidites for $3.99 up to 5 times.
How to Craft Winter Clothing and Ice Furniture
Got some chilly Snow-Park Gyroidites in your inventory from collecting all day? It’s time to start crafting this event’s winter clothing and ice furniture! Get started by tapping on the Event tab in the Craft menu at the bottom of your screen. Tap on an item to begin crafting it assuming you’ve collected enough gyroidites!
This event features a set of five winter themed clothing and accessories, plus three pieces of ice furniture. Here’s the complete list of what you can craft with Snow-Park Gyroidites during Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7:
|Lace-Up Snow Boots||10 Snow-Park Gyroidites|
|Yellow Peacoat||30 Snow-Park Gyroidites|
|Fluffy-Shearling Coat||80 Snow-Park Gyroidites|
|Twins Snow Sculpture||140 Snow-Park Gyroidites|
|Nightlight Ice Rink A||180 Snow-Park Gyroidites|
Additionally, three more items can only be purchased with Leaf Tickets:
|Snowflake Knit Cap||20 Leaf Tickets|
|Red Snowy Sweater||60 Leaf Tickets|
|Nightlight Ice Rink B||90 Leaf Tickets|
Event Goals: Get Chilly Jamboree Snowballs and Free Leaf Tickets!
Be sure to check out the Event Goals available for a limited time during Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7. By completing these goals, you can unlock important Snowball items for progress towards the Chilly Jamboree Winter Seasonal Event in January. Free Leaf Tickets are up for grabs in the goals too!
Here’s an in-progress list of the goals available in Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7 with set bonus rewards highlighted in bold:
|Collect 1 Snow-Park Gyroidite||1 Snowball|
|Collect 3 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 5 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 10 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 15 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Complete 3 of the above goals (Set 1)||5 Leaf Tickets|
|Complete all 5 of the above goals (Set 1)||5 Leaf Tickets|
|Collect 20 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 25 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 30 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 35 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 40 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Complete 3 of the above goals (Set 2)||5 Leaf Tickets|
|Complete all 5 of the above goals (Set 2)||5 Leaf Tickets|
|Collect 50 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 60 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 70 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 80 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Collect 90 Snow-Park Gyroidites||1 Snowball|
|Complete 3 of the above goals (Set 3)||5 Leaf Tickets|
|Complete all 5 of the above goals (Set 3)||5 Leaf Tickets|
Unlike past Gyroidite Scavenger events, the gyroidites you collect from the quarry, villagers, or the paid Leaf Ticket bundles all count towards event goals! Previously, the gyroidites had to be picked up from the map to count.