- Flowers will sparkle depending off if they’ve been watered.
- Can design roads – they added the character for ‘road’. There’s a camping ground, sometimes there’ll be campers – villagers who don’t live in your village.
- Help out your in-game friends with purchasing decisions
- When you sit in the mayor’s seat, Shizue will come up and talk to you.
- Once you’ve decided what to build, go with Shizue to decide where. Then they’ll show you what it will look like. Donations from villagers begin.
- Don’t have to go back to mayor’s office once building is placed.
- Donations can be made by you, visitors, and villagers.
- New item: megaphone. Can say a villagers names to get their attention by speaking their name into the 3DS microphone.
- The Tanooki brothers will take turns each day to service the shop.
- Halloween goods sold because it’s October.
- Shoe store offers up boots/shoes for sale.
- 2nd floor is the museum shop. The four doors lead to special exhibitions. You can set the special exhibitions yourself. Hawaiian Expo, Sushi expo.
- Tanooki Housing Real Estate. Buy parts for your houses outside.
- Can decide if you want to increase room numbers and where (1st flow left, right, 2nd floor etc)
- Dr. Shrunk started a comedy club, Club 444. Can watch his comedy shows. He has spoken dialogue during this. Can decide your reaction.
- Take photos of your expression with good timing for best result in the photo booth. Many reactions/emotions to collect.
- Design/Sell your own items, which can eventually change during the process
- Much larger selection of colors this time around when designing
- Can turn designs into QR codes.
- Model Homes now. People met through Streetpass. These are the people she’s street passed with. Sometimes they will give you things, like ice-creams, balloons, and pin wheels.
- Up to 48 houses in three block, 16 homes per block.
- Can see with the map where the houses are using people’s names.
- Take picture via photobooth, bottom screen displays the picture you’ll take.
- Visit a massage parlor that helps to relax you and put you into a dream stage
- Allows you to see how other people have set up their towns. When you have an internet connection, if someone you’ve street passed with has a Village number, (can search by name too) you can go into a new shop and visit their village. You can do stuff like cut trees and get fruit, but it doesn’t affect their village.
- You can alter the look of City Hall, too.
- Early morning music is calm, dawn the music is more upbeat, afternoon is more pleasant-sounding music, night time the music has more base, late night music gets mysterious
- K. K. Slider, Saturday night live performances at the new Shisho’s Club 444. Now for a new song. Dr. Shrunk is dancing to the beat!
- DJ K.K. (K.K. Slider under a different name) performs on nights other than Saturday at the comedy club. ‘House Nights’ Includes NES Nights. ‘Famicon Nights’.
- Can listen to the music on audio players in your house, and there are many new KK songs.
- Explore a town alongside other people
- Travel via boat to an island and enjoy a song at the same time
- First time you’re at the island, you receive swimming gear. While wearing it, you can dive/swim.
- Grab items from the bottom of the sea
- Collect rare bugs as well
- Can trade medals got in mini games on the island to trade for the goods in the souvenir shop.
- Games are focused on Co-op.
- Tortimer appears as the Tour Guide, explains the games
- Each person has to search for their own type of fruits; mangoes, persimmons, etc.
- The faster you are the more medals you get.
- Can pick up fruits and drop them for other players in easier locations.
- There is a ‘Hammer’ game, where you hit the tiny electric car.
- Local and Online play for 2-4 players
- 1 save file
- Utilizes StreetPass and SpotPass