Were you not already jealous enough of Japan? Well, take a look at this awesome Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL releasing in a bundle with the game in Japan. Yes. You may cry now. It releases November 8th for 22,800 yen in Japan.
Latest Animal Crossing News
After three Mini Nintendo Directs in the past week focusing on New Super Mario Bros. 2 we’ve got a full featured Nintendo Direct coming in from Europe! It will be focused on European 3DS content and airs at 7PM BST on October 4th. For other time zones, click here.
Some of these details are repeats but regardless this is a good summary of translated information that’s come from scans over the past week including ones I’ve posted already.
I have to say I’m really impressed as to how much Nintendo is changing up the formula this time around. Definitely an improvement over City Folk if you ask me. What do you guys think?
- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster’s Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a ‘part-time job’.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- New Personality: Smug； talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can’t hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Room Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.
- New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
- New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
- New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
- Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He’s a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
- Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have ‘planned exhibitions’ of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather’s little sister.
- Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
- Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
- Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook’s old shop, run by twin Tanooki. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
- Kicks the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
- Start the game off in a tent.
- Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.
Our friends over at The Bit Block have done a quick video analysis of the latest magazine scans for Animal Crossing 3DS. You’ll find picnics, a coffee shop, the village tree and much more in these new scans!
As for the original scan images, you can find them below. If you can find higher resolution versions of these, please let me know.
We’re just getting word of a few small details from the latest issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu. At this time there are no scans but stay tuned for those hopefully soon!
- There is a Reset Monitoring Center in the game
- Mr. Resetti yells at you when you reset the game
- Determine your own laws and what you want the town to be like
- Laws will be setup only once
- You can make it so that your town is where flowers grow easily, a morning-type town, a rich town, and so on
- You can have a town that doesn’t sleep, which extends the amount of hours a store stays open
- Pay Sahara 3000 Bells and she’ll help you out with wallpaper and carpet decorations
- Use QR codes to bring in items made in My Design PRO
Many of us have expected this for a while now but Nintendo of America has just confirmed via Twitter that Animal Crossing 3DS will be releasing in the first half of 2013 in the Americas. Meanwhile Japan will be getting the game on November 8th.
Furthermore, in their Animal Crossing tweet they specified first half of 2013 while for their Luigi’s Mansion (also releasing in 2013) tweet they specified first quarter of 2013.
Take it as you will but in my opinion this means a May or June release date rather than around March. Even if we won’t be getting the game soon, we will at least be getting lots of videos on the game leading up to the Japanese release.
Also just in from the latest Nintendo Direct is the official Japanese box-art for Animal Crossing 3DS! It’s pretty awesome if you ask me. Hopefully the North American box-art will be just as great.