The Choco-Mint Scavenger Hunt event has begun in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for iOS and Android! The event runs from August 22nd to 27th, 2019. Learn how to collect and find Choco-Mint Gyroidites for crafting chocolate mint event items in our complete guide!
How to Find and Collect Choco-Mint Gyroidites
In this event, you’ll be hunting down and collecting special Choco-Mint Gyroidites to craft event items. They’re a special item that appear in-game almost anywhere across the map during the event. The only locations you won’t find them at is your campsite, garden, and cabin — so that means you can even find them at the Marketplace or OK Motors!
Sometimes you’ll see them in plain sight on the ground, while other times they are cleverly hidden behind obstructions or inside trees. Regardless of where it is, just tap the Kingly Gyroidite when you see one somewhere to have your character pick it up and add it to your collection!
As for timing and when they spawn, there’s two important things you need to know about hunting down Choco-Mint Gyroidites:
- Choco-Mint Gyroidites appear at a rate of about one per every four minutes in a random location where they can spawn, which is basically anywhere besides your campsite, garden, and cabin.
- A hard limit of around 18 Gyroidites present on the map at once is in place. This means that after all 18 have spawned, no more additional gyroidites will appear and they need to be collected for spawning to continue.
For the most optimal collecting Gyroidite strategy, check on your game about once every hour and 15 minutes to ensure you don’t exceed the maximum limit of gyroidites on the map at once. Due to the limit, you shouldn’t intentionally wait for more than that time in hopes of ‘saving up’ because no more will spawn once the limit is reached.
Getting Choco-Mint Gyroidites via Shovelstrike Quarry, Villagers, Purchases
Finding Choco-Mint Gyroidites on the ground and in trees isn’t the only way to get them though! You can also grab them through three other ways:
- Sometimes the Shovelstrike Quarry offers Choco-Mint Gyroidites as a reward! Check twice a day as the reward changes every 12 hours, you’ll know when you see the gyroidite icon on the map. Enter for free by seeking help from five friends, or pay 20 Leaf Tickets to enter instantly.
- Periodically, the villagers at your campsite can be spoken with to receive friendship points, bells, or materials as a gift. During a Gyrodite Scavenger Hunt event, campers will sometimes give Choco-Mint Gyroidites too alongside other gifts. Don’t forget to check on them often!
- If you’re willing to open up your wallet, gyroidites can be purchased as part of a limited-time Leaf Ticket bundle. The Gyroidite-Jammed Pack offers 100 Leaf Tickets and 20 Choco-Mint Gyroidites for $3.99 up to 5 times.
How to Craft Gyroid Event Items
Got some lovely Choco-Mint Gyroidites in your inventory from collecting all day? It’s time to start crafting this event’s mint-chocolate furniture and clothing! Get started by tapping on the Event tab in the Craft menu at the bottom of your screen. Tap on an item to begin crafting it assuming you’ve collected enough gyroidites!
This event features a set of nine mint-chocolate furniture items, two clothing items, and one hat item. To craft the entire set of items, you’ll need to collect a total of 420 gyroidites or 70 per day throughout the event’s duration.
Here’s the complete list of what you can craft with Choco-Mint Gyroidites during Choco-Mint Scavenger Hunt:
Additionally, three more items can only be purchased with Leaf Tickets:
|Choco-Mint Lace Hat||30 Leaf Tickets|
|Choco-Mint Top||80 Leaf Tickets|
|Choco-Mint Apron Dress||100 Leaf Tickets|
Event Goals: Get Morning-Glory Fans and Free Leaf Tickets!
Be sure to check out the Event Goals available for a limited time during the Choco-Mint Scavenger Hunt event. By completing these goals, you can unlock important Morning-Glory Fans items for progress towards the Fan Fair Festivities Seasonal Event in August. Free Leaf Tickets and Reissue Material are up for grabs in the goals too!
To complete the goals, you’ll need to collect at least 250 Choco-Mint Gyroidites and craft every non-Leaf Ticket item available.
Unlike some past Gyroidite Scavenger events, the gyroidites you collect from the quarry, villagers, or the paid Leaf Ticket bundles all count towards event goals! Previously, the gyroidites had to be picked up from the map to count.