The Valentine’s Jam Session Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt event has begun in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for iOS and Android! The event runs from February 8th to 14th, 2019. Learn how to find Scarlet Gyroidites for crafting special scarlet-hued jam session furniture in our complete guide!
How to Find and Collect Scarlet Gyroidites
In this event, you’ll be hunting down and collecting special Scarlet Gyroidites to craft event items. They’re a special item that appear in-game almost anywhere across the map during the event. The only locations you won’t find them at is your campsite, garden, and cabin — so that means you can even find them at the Marketplace or OK Motors!
Sometimes you’ll see them in plain sight on the ground, while other times they are cleverly hidden behind obstructions or inside trees. Regardless of where it is, just tap the Snow-Park Gyroidite when you see one somewhere to have your character pick it up and add it to your collection!
As for timing and when they spawn, there’s two important things you need to know about hunting down Scarlet Gyroidites:
- Scarlet Gyroidites appear at a rate of about one per every four minutes in a random location where they can spawn, which is basically anywhere besides your campsite, garden, and cabin.
- A hard limit of around 18 Gyroidites present on the map at once is in place. This means that after all 18 have spawned, no more additional gyroidites will appear and they need to be collected for spawning to continue.
For the most optimal collecting Gyroidite strategy, check on your game about once every hour and 15 minutes to ensure you don’t exceed the maximum limit of gyroidites on the map at once. Due to the limit, you shouldn’t intentionally wait for more than that time in hopes of ‘saving up’ because no more will spawn once the limit is reached.
Note that some of these details are different than past events as changes to spawning were made in the two most recent gyroidite events.
Getting Scarlet Gyroidites via Shovelstrike Quarry, Villagers, Purchases
Finding Scarlet Gyroidites on the ground and in trees isn’t the only way to get them though! You can also grab them through three other ways:
- At select random times throughout the day, the Shovelstrike Quarry offers Scarlet Gyroidites as a reward! You’ll know when you see the gyroidite icon on the map. Enter for free by seeking help from five friends, or pay 20 Leaf Tickets to enter instantly.
- Periodically, the villagers at your campsite can be spoken with to receive friendship points, bells, or materials as a gift. During a Gyrodite Scavenger Hunt event, campers will sometimes give Scarlet Gyroidites too alongside other gifts. Don’t forget to check on them often!
- If you’re willing to open up your wallet, gyroidites can be purchased as part of a limited-time Leaf Ticket bundle. The Gyroidite-Jammed Pack offers 100 Leaf Tickets and 20 Scarlet Gyroidites for $3.99 up to 5 times.
How to Craft Valentine’s Jam Session Items
Got some lovely Scarlet Gyroidites in your inventory from collecting all day? It’s time to start crafting this event’s scarlet-hued jam session furniture! Get started by tapping on the Event tab in the Craft menu at the bottom of your screen. Tap on an item to begin crafting it assuming you’ve collected enough gyroidites!
This event features a set of six scarlet-hued jam session furniture and one dress for Valentine’s. Here’s the complete list of what you can craft with Scarlet Gyroidites during Valentine’s Jam Session Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt:
|Scarlet Microphone||15 Scarlet Gyroidites|
|Scarlet Alto Saxophone||45 Scarlet Gyroidites|
|Scarlet Bass||60 Scarlet Gyroidites|
|Scarlet Drum Set||90 Scarlet Gyroidites|
|Valentine's Candy Tree||150 Scarlet Gyroidites|
Additionally, three more items can only be purchased with Leaf Tickets:
|Jazz Singer Dress||60 Leaf Tickets|
|Scarlet Grand Piano||150 Leaf Tickets|
Event Goals: Get Superstar Sweets and Free Leaf Tickets!
Be sure to check out the Event Goals available for a limited time during the Valentine’s Jam Session Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt. By completing these goals, you can unlock important Superstar Sweets items for progress towards the Candy Cluster Muster Seasonal Event in February. Free Leaf Tickets are up for grabs in the goals too!
Unlike some past Gyroidite Scavenger events, the gyroidites you collect from the quarry, villagers, or the paid Leaf Ticket bundles all count towards event goals! Previously, the gyroidites had to be picked up from the map to count.