Nintendo has just released a minor new Version 2.0.1 update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) tonight bringing a number of bug fixes and adjustments to the game!
Following up on the major Version 2.0 Update launched on Wednesday, November 3rd last week, today’s release is a relatively minor update focused on fixing up a few bugs and glitches that popped up in Version 2.0.
This isn’t to be mistaken for a major update that contains new content — those come with more fanfare than this, plus Nintendo has insisted that major new content will no longer be released for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
The most noteworthy fix in this update addresses a major bug that Nintendo announced themselves earlier this week where an issue would occur when players try to remodel a villager’s house while their airport gate is open.
It seems the Animal Crossing developers have been working quite hard over the past week though as quite a few other fixes have been made as well totalling about ten different issues.
These other bug fixes for Version 2.0 include a missing Sanrio item in Nook Shopping, missing DIY crafting recipes under certain tabs, villagers cooking on the wrong type of furniture item, and more.
A major fix has been made for the Happy Home Paradise DLC as well focused on the School facility. According to Nintendo, if you previously proceeded without designing the school facility, there are two ways to fix your save data to the ‘proper’ conditions:
For Players that have not remodeled the school: After completing 1 or 2 other jobs, and no other events trigger at that time, the event to design the school will trigger.
For players that have remodeled the school: The event for designing the school will not trigger, but the features that normally unlock from the event to design the school (such as furniture items and room size) will become useable when you start your next job.
All together, this is a pretty solid bug fix patch taking care of many issues that cropped up as part of the Version 2.0 Update in a very timely manner! Given that Nintendo only promised a fix by the end of November, we’re impressed.
Here’s the full official patch notes for Version 2.0.1 of Animal Crossing: New Horizons released on November 11th, 2021 in English from Nintendo below:
Official Patch Notes For Animal Crossing: New Horizons Version 2.0.1 (English)
Ver. 2.0.1 (Released November 11, 2021)
If the version notation on the upper right of the software title screen is “Ver. 2.0.1”, it has been updated.
- Fixed an issue that could occur if a player asks to remodel a resident’s home while the airport gate is open.
- Fixed an issue where the Kiki & Lala wand item was mistakenly appearing in Nook Shopping as “Not for sale.”
- Fixed an issue where the coconut juice and frozen-treat set items would not appear under the Miscellaneous tab for DIY Recipes.
- Fixed an issue where the flowing-river flooring item would not display properly in Photopia or expanded player homes when placed horizontally.
- Fixed an issue where some residents would try to cook using something other than a kitchen item in their home.
- Fixed an issue where residents visiting a player’s home would talk as if they were in the café.
Fixed Issues Related to DLC
The following issues related to the paid DLC Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to proceed with the game without designing the school when normally the school would need to be designed. If you have save data where you proceeded without designing the school, you can use the following methods to restore your save data to proper conditions.
- For Players that have not remodeled the school: After completing 1 or 2 other jobs, and no other events trigger at that time, the event to design the school will trigger.
- For players that have remodeled the school: The event for designing the school will not trigger, but the features that normally unlock from the event to design the school (such as furniture items and room size) will become useable when you start your next job.
- Fixed an issue causing an error to occur when using amiibo to change members at a facility.
- Fixed an issue where you could obtain turnips countless times from Joan in the hospital.
- Fixed an issue where the ripe sugarcane plant item would unlock by obtaining tomatoes.
Please note that you will need to be updated to Version 2.0.1 to play online multiplayer with other players and access other network features going forward after this update. Local multiplayer can only be played with others on the same version of the game as you.
Your copy of the game should update automatically for you, but if for some reason it doesn’t, you can manually trigger the update by pressing the + button on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons home screen icon, selecting Software Update, and hitting Via the Internet.
Stay tuned to Animal Crossing World for everything on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, including our extensive Guides section here. Our most popular pages include Version 2.0 Summary, 9000+ Items Datamine, 16 New Villagers, Gyroids, Kapp’n Islands, Cooking Recipes, Happy Home Paradise DLC, Series 5 Amiibo Cards, Mushroom DIY Recipes, New November Critters, Redd Art, and Sea Creatures.